I am running for the Tampere city council in the 2012 municipal elections because I feel passionately about equality and sustainability. As a city councillor for the past 12 years and a member of parliament I have the skills and experience needed to get things done. More information about me and my background you can read in my short English bio.
1) Sustainable Tampere
- let’s make Tampere a low-carbon forerunner
- let’s double funding for bike paths
- let’s organise better recycling possibilities
2) Caring Tampere
- let’s help families with kids before problems get worse
- let’s provide loans to low-income people in need
- let’s secure adequate funds to mental health and substance abuse programmes
3) Vibrant Tampere
- let’s make Tampere look and feel like a city – even with buildings rising high
- let’s give more room to people’s own initiatives and events
- let’s get trams and local trains running quickly
4) Economic Tampere
- let’s create new jobs through a green and creative economy
- let’s reduce debt with responsible spending and reforming outdated structures
- let’s save money by investing in preventing problems instead of just solving them
Do you know if you can vote – and how?
Many non-Finnish citizens are eligible to vote in local elections without even knowing it! Read this helpful illustration for further information.
Want to know more?
Just ask! Send me e-mail and I will try to respond as quickly as possible.